Thu. Apr 15th, 2021
118 New Chinese Apps Banned In India Including PUBG.

118 New Chinese Apps Banned In India Including PUBG.

PUBG MOBILE, a wildly popular online multiplayer shooting game, is among 118 Chinese apps blocked by the govt. Wednesday amid tension over fresh Chinese provocation in Ladakh. 118 New Chinese Apps Banned In India Including PUBG. The move is within the interest of India’s sovereignty and integrity, defence and security, the govt. said during a press release .

 

PUBG
PUBG MOBILE Banned in India: The game is among 118 more Chinese apps banned by the government.

 

Tencent’s PUBG Mobile ranks among the world’s top five smartphone games with over 734 million downloads. There are on the brink of fifty million active PUBG players in India. According to reports and thus the sport clocks in some 13 million daily users.

According to the IT Ministry, the Apps “are engaged in activities which are prejudicial to sovereignty and integrity of India, defence of India, security of state and public order”.

“This decision could also be a targeted move to form sure safety, security and sovereignty of Indian cyberspace,” the statement said, adding that the move would safeguard. The interests of crores of Indian mobile and internet users.

PUBG or PlayerUnknown’s BattleGrounds

PUBG or PlayerUnknown’s BattleGrounds, features a Hunger Games-style competition during which 100 players face off. They Automatic weapons until there’s only one left. Tencent introduced a stripped-down mobile version, which had the game skyrocketing, especially within the time of the coronavirus lockdown.

In a measure of PUBG’s huge popularity in India, Prime Minister Narendra Modi, during an event on exam stress last year, had remarked to a mother complaining about her teen: “Yeh PUBG-wala hai kya (Is he a PUBG player?)”.

In June, the govt. banned 59 mobile apps including Bytedance’s TikTok, Alibaba’s UC Browser and Tencent’s .WeChat, also citing security concerns.

Explaining its latest move, the ministry said it had received many complaints. The misuse of some mobile apps on Android and iOS platforms for stealing and surreptitiously transmitting user data to servers outside India.

ALSO CHECK: Xiomi Redmi 9A

“The compilation of these data, its mining and profiling by elements hostile to national security and defence of India, which ultimately impinges upon the sovereignty and integrity of India. It could also be a matter of very deep and immediate concern which needs emergency measures,” said the statement.

The home ministry’s cybercrime centre had also recommended blocking these “malicious apps”, the govt. said.

The statement mentioned bipartisan concerns flagged in parliament and out of doors. A strong chorus to need strict action against Apps “that harm India’s sovereignty also because the privacy of our citizens”.

The other Apps blocked include games, online payment services, dating sites and software to edit selfies.

The move comes every day after the govt. accused Chinese troops of provocative action again. The South Bank of Ladakh’s Pangong Lake. Chinese troops had made a uniform attempt on August 31 but Indian soldiers were able to thwart them both times, the govt. said.

There are a series of clashes and showdowns in Ladakh with China since May. In June, 20 soldiers died for the country during a clash at Galwan Valley. China also suffered casualties but has not revealed the quantity .

Something Wrong Please Contact to Davsy Admin

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Translate »